Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ER Visit

Because of the new sand, shovels came out of the shed and the boys were shoveling like crazy. I just knew that someone's toes were going to get chopped!
So as they were playing one night I hear the cry I had been waiting for but instead of the toes it was the head. Zach swung up as Ben bent down and the tip of the shovel caught him right between the eyes!

Surprisingly it didn't bleed very much but it was just wide enough that I wasn't sure it would need stitches or not. Ian had already gone to work and with it being between his eyes I decided to take him to the ER. So Grandma came and watched the other two boys while been & I made a trip to the ER, not his first visit but the first one for stitches.

He did a great job. Once we got there the doctors were able to push it together and "glue" it together so no stitches. Ben was very brave when we discussed the possibility of stitches on the way to the hospital but I think he was relieved that he didn't have to have any.

In the waiting room

Waiting for the doctor


All done & glued up!

No comments: