Wednesday, December 24, 2008

An Early Christmas Present

Lately Ben & Zach (especially Ben) have been "cooking" constantly. For those of you familiar with the cartoon The Backyardigans, you will know why all Ben wants to be a "Samurai Pie Maker". All of my mixing spoons, measuring cups, muffin tins, etc. always seem to be missing lately and are usually found down in the playroom being used by my little Pie Maker.

So Ian and I decided that if I was ever to have my baking stuff back that we should look at getting the boys a kitchen for Christmas. I know that they are BOYS but boys can cook to and we found a kitchen that wasn't pink and girlie.

We also decided to let them have the kitchen early so that by Christmas morning the excitement of it wouldn't keep them from wanting to open any of their other presents. We set it up in the playroom this afternoon while they where taking naps and let find it when they got up. They were really excited! They didn't stop playing with (except to eat dinner, which I insisted on) until they went to bed that night.

No comments: